World Fuel Costs
Did you know that we pay as much to fuel up our vehicles in two years as the value of the vehicle. This happens almost always with SUVs and trucks and is becoming more of a reality as the price of fossil fuel more than triples. Did you know that many nations we import fuel from sell fuel for less than the cost of water!
Europe does pay more for fuel than the United States but they have a very different lifestyle that allows for higher prices. The United States is a big place, especially Texas. Our commute and driving is more than double the European lifestyle. Public transportation is poor in many states which makes us rely on fuels for transportation more than most nations. Comparing our fuel prices with higher prices in Europe is a poor comparison and only leads to excuses and barriers to change.
Here are some fuel costs in perspective. These prices are based on average yearly miles and average fuel costs in north Texas. You might have to double take what other nations are paying for fuel. Under one US dollar is common around the world but not in the United States.
What are we paying in fuel each year?
- Gas cars: $4,500.00 – $6,000.00 per year
- Hybrid vehicles: $3,500.00 – $4,500.00 per year
- Gas trucks & SUVS: $9,000.00 – $12,000.00 per yeay
- Diesel trucks: $6,500.00 – $8,500.00 per year
- Bio-diesel trucks: $700.00 – $1,100.00 per year
- Bio-diesel cars: $300.00 – $800.00 per year
- Straight vegetable oil: $0.00 per year with a 1 year payback
- Electric cars: $0.00 per year with a 3 year payback
What are other nations paying for fuel?
- Saudi Arabia: $0.45 per gallon
- Kuwait: $0.79 per gallon
- Nigeria: $0.38 per gallon
- Turkmenistan: $0.30 per gallon
- Venezuela: $0.19 per gallon
- Iran: $0.42 per gallon